Monday, October 15, 2007

The beginning of a new journey!

I have struggled with my weight my whole life, riding the roller coaster of weight loss, weight gain, over and over. I am tired of it, to say the least. My health is important to me. My husband and kids deserve someone who is healthy and fit, and so I've decided to take charge by getting Lap-Band surgery. This surgery is the only thing I know of that will actually give me a feeling of satisfaction. I won't be hungry all the time, and will be able to stop eating when the time is appropriate. More than that, that feeling of satisfaction will be an ongoing feeling, meaning that my brain, and the part that always thinks about food, will be 'fixed.' I wonder how it will feel--- to find something OTHER than food to obsess over! I am excited about the prospect, and the journey I am about to take...

No comments: